These no-bake granola bars are quick and easy to make and are chock full of seeds and dried fruits to make them filling and delicious. They will keep for about a week (or so I am told!) but ours are usually gone within a couple of days!
Get Smart Granola Bars
1 cup gluten-free flake cereal (I like Nature’s path Millet Rice Flakes)
1 cup whole rolled oats
3⁄4 cup dried fruit (raisins, chopped dates, apricots)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds 1⁄2 cup honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1⁄4 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
1. Mix cereal, rolled oats, dried fruit and sesame seeds in a bowl.
2. In a dry frying pan lightly toast the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds until the pumpkin seeds pop. Add to the bowl.
3. In the same pan, over low heat soften the sunflower seed butter, honey and coconut oil until blended and smooth.
4. Pour over ingredients in the bowl and mix quickly to ensure even coverage.
5. Press into a parchment lined 8×8 pan until evenly spread.
6. Put into the fridge for at least an hour to set. Cut into 12-16 squares and wrap individually for a grab-and-go snack! Can be stored in the fridge or at room temperature.