As a kid, I loved cereal for breakfast. Crunchy and sweet, it was the perfect way to start the day! Even better if it turned my milk hot pink!
But living a clean life, that junky start to the day doesn’t make my engines roar. So I have upgraded the old cereal and made something both my tastebuds and my belly loves! To make this breakfast perfect for winter, I use frozen berries and warm them on the stove before adding them to the breakfast.
Here’s why I love it:
- Chia is a great source of fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids and it’s mucilaginous quality soothes digestive upset.
- Hemp is a great source of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Kefir is a superior source of probiotics.
- Berries pack an antioxidant 1-2-punch and are simply delightful to eat!
Chia Hemp Un-Cereal
Serves: 1 hungry woman
Time: 11 mins
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1/3 cup plain organic kefir (you could use non-diary if you don’t do dairy)
1/3 cup fresh berries, any kind will do. You could also use thawed frozen berries and warm them slightly on the stove.
1 tbsp toasted seeds, I use a combo of pumpkin and sunflower
1. Add the chia, hemp and kefir to a bowl and let sit for about 10 mins. This allows the chia to start to soften and increases the benefits for your gut lining. If you are warming your berries, do it now.
2. Top with berries and toasted seeds.