Acupressure for Midwives and Doulas is an in-depth and hands-on workshop covering the acupressure points relevant to midwifery and doula practice and their application.
Add a simple, safe and effective tool to your birth and postpartum toolkit. Help your clients experience spontaneous labor, decrease labor pain and encourage efficient labor. Support birth partners in getting “hands-on” with techniques that make a noticeable difference.
1. Research and evidence for the use of acupressure
2. Nausea and vomiting acupressure, musculoskeletal discomfort acupressure
3. Breech presentation, occiput-posterior position acupressure
4. Labor induction acupressure
5. Acupressure points for labour pain management
6. Plus acupressure points to: enhance contractions, dilate the cervix, manage a cervical lip, aid fetal descent, increase efficiency of the third stage of labor, support uterine involution and assist in breast milk let-down.
This workshop is presented by Tanya Smith, Acupuncturist and Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner. As an acupuncturist and birth doula, Tanya has been bringing her craft and needles to pregnancies and labor rooms for over 12 years.
Tanya has achieved the highest level of Traditional Chinese Medicine training available in Canada and continues with post-graduate studies focused on fertility and pregnancy. She works with women and couples, treating all aspects of reproductive wellness, from enhancing fertility through to pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Tanya considers it a privilege and responsibility to speak about Traditional Chinese Medicine applications and has a special connection to the obstetrical community. She has been recognized both within her field and in the community for her expertise.
Open to: Midwives, Birth Doulas and Postpartum Doulas
When: November 11, 2017
Where: MotherWit Ottawa, The Nest, 779 Bank street, Suite 203, Ottawa ON
Time: 12:00 – 6:30
Cost: $130 plus HST
Registration is limited to 15 participants
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com
To register for the workshop, please click through the Pay Pal link below. Your spot in the course will be reserved once payment is received.